Recover Existing/Deleted Files from Android with Broken Screen
Files like contacts, SMS, call logs, whatsapp messages/attachments, viber messages etc. are hard to manually copied/recovered from an android phone, not to mention the android phone with broken screen. The following method offers a feasible solution to recover contacts etc. from broken screen android phone with ease.
What you'll need:
-Android Debug Bridge. You may need to unlock your android phone with dead screen firstly. The Android Debug Bridge is a good tool to do this. (You can also refer to this article to unlock your android: http://joyofandroid.com/unlock-android-device-with-dead-screen/)
- USB cable and USB Mouse. Though, on some of android phones, mass storage mode is automatically activated, if not, an USB mouse is needed to make the phone connected to computer.
- Yolisoft Android Data Recovery Program. This tool is used to copy/transfer/recover deleted/lost data including contacts, messages, call history, whatsapp, photos, videos, music etc. from android phone internal memory on computer.
- Unlock android and connect android phone to computer with USB cable and USB mouse.
- Launch Android Phone Recovery and select wanted files to scan.
- Using USB mouse to enable USB debugging on android. After the device is detected, click “Start” to continue.
- Wait for a while for the scanning process. When the scan completes, you are allowed to preview both existing and lost files. Tap “Recover” to save them to your computer.
Recover Multimedia Files Like Pictures, Videos, Music from Broken Android Phone
If you just want to recover multimedia files(pictures, videos, audio files), then you can recover data from android without android phone recovery tool. After you unlocked the screen and connect the android device to computer with USB mouse and cable. Simply navigate to the Autoplay popup -> click “Open folder to view files” option. Your phone's internal memory should now be accessible, then copy and save the files from the internal storage to your PC. That's it.
Notes & Tips:
If you just want to copy and backup the existing files stored on your phone, you can use Phone Data Transfer instead of android phone recovery program do this job.It is wise to regularly backing up your android phone to avoid any unnecessary data loss.
S8 Data Recovery - How to Recover Deleted Photos, Videos, Contacts, Messages, etc from Samsung Galaxy S8