Rooting is a procedure where one can cross over the limitations and get full access to the operating system of your Galaxy S5. Once you rooted the galaxy s5, you will obtain system-level privileges on your phone. Rooting Galaxy S5 will absolutely brings many amazing experiences, in the meantime, it involves some risks as well. Thus, before rooting your Galaxy S5, figure it out the pros and cons of rooting galaxy s5.
Completely remove bloatware to free up abundant internal memory.
Enable WiFi hostpot, this benefits regarding Galaxy S5 only.
Make a full backup for your galaxy s5.
The ability to customize ROM.
Run various special apps.
Install the latest android OS version.
Improve performance and battery life.
- Voids Warranty
- Could soft-brick your Galaxy S5
How to Root Samsung Galaxy S5 with One-Click?
The simplest way to root Galaxy S5 is using the 3-rd part android root tool. Thanks to the Android open nature, many rooting tools are available to do the job. I will list some reliable and free root tools below:
For Windows Users:
- Kingo Android Root. It is a powerful but free root tool which supports a broad variety of android devices with android version range from 2.3 to 4.4.2. Kingo allows you root android phones and tablets with one simple click.
- Root Genius. The freeware supports 10000+ android phones which runs android from 2.2-4.4. It also enable to flash custom ROM, and remove built-in-apps after rooting.
- SRS-Root. This tiny root tool is compatible with android version from android 1.5 to android 4.2. In the meantime, you can unroot your device at anytime with SRS-Root.
- Towelroot: It is a smart android root software which support many android smartphones like Galaxy S5, AT&T GS5, Nexus 5, GS4, Note 3, HTC One and other latest android mobile devices with one-click. Besides, it support you root android without computer.
- V Root: This app is free and risk-free. With it, you can easily root wide range of android phones and tablets without computer. Also, it supports root android on PC.
For Mac Users:
- Cydia Impactor: It is a GUI tool for working with large amount of Android devices. Cydia Impactor works well on Mac OS X. Some of android device like Motorola Atrix 4D 4.1.1 and HTC One 4.2.2may not be rooted with it, but it is harmless.
- Droid Easy Root v7d.zip: This one-click root tool is applicable on all froyo and gingerbread ROM androids and it must be run on your Mac OS X. Following the steps to root android on Mac.
- Framaroot: This one-click rooting tool is developed by the XDA forum members that can root almost any android phones and tablets without the need of computer. It supports a broad variety of android devices with android versions from 2.0 to 4.2 by a single click. The reliable and effective Framaroot is considered as the best app for rooting android without a computer so far.