A member from androidforums.com asked the above question, I think Joe is not the only one who encountered the accident deletion and need to recover deleted photos, videos from HTC One M9. Actually, it is possible to get the lost files back only if the lost data not be overwritten. But you have to get help from a 3-rd party HTC Data Recovery software to restore HTC One M data if you have no backups.
Here, Yolisoft Android Data Recovery (Android data recovery for mac) is highly recommended tool. It is the most popular data recovery software among HTC users as well as other android users to recover deleted data. This program is able to recover deleted/lost photos, videos from HTC one M9/M8/M7, as well as can restore contacts, text messages, musics, Whatsapp messages, and other files from HTC One M9/M8/M7 to PC/Mac.
Steps to Recover Deleted Photos, Videos from HTC One M9/M8/M7
- Step 1. Download and install Yolisoft Android Phone Recovery(Android recovery mac) on your PC/Mac
- Step 2. Connect your HTC One M9/M8/M7 to computer with the corresponding USB cable, then launch the android recovery software to start recovery process.
- Step 3. Choose specified file types to scan. If you are going to recover photos, video and audio files from HTC one, then simply click the file type “Gallery”. If you need to recover the other files, choose the corresponding option.
- Step 4. Access and scan lost files on your HTC One phone. Once the program detects and access your phone, it will enter a window displays a “Start” button, simply click it to continue. (to let the program access, you have to set enable USB debugging on HTC firstly)
- Step 5. Preview and recover deleted photos, video from HTC One M9/M8/M7. It may take a while for the scanning process, once it is done, you can preview the recoverable photos and video one by one. Then mark the wanted files and tap “Recover” button to get them back.
That’s it. Hopefully at this point you have already been retrieved your lost photo and video. If not, it may due to:
- 1.As the deleted files weren’t immediately destroyed on HTC one, they have been marked as unnecessary files to free up memory space for new content. That’s to say, the lost photos, videos were overwritten by new data you added later. That’s why we suggest you stop using your HTC phone once the files lost. Meanwhile, you’d better turn off the 3G/4G/Wifi connection to ovoid the automatic update and overwriting.
- 2.Photos and videos stored and deleted from the HTC One internal memory are hard to be recovered. Since the android system dropped USB mass storage to support internal storage for security issues. The software is hard to access phone internal memory. If you want to recover pics, video, audios from HTC One M9/M8/M7’s internal memory, you need to root your HTC one phone to make it accessible.
Tip: The best way to keep your precious photos, videos safe is regularly backup and save the files before you lost the data. You can simply copy them from your phone to computer, also, you can download Yolisoft Phone Data Transfer software to help you manager them on your computer.