Kik, also called Kik Messenger, is more than just messaging. It connect people with their friends and family. More and more Android smart phone users are using Kik to chat or communicate with their groups. So losing old Kik messages must be an annoying thing. Here this article will provide some tips on how to retrieve old Kik messages on Android devices.
Firstly, we will show you the official way to recover deleted Kik messages on Android.
According to the official, your recent Kik chat history will be saved on your Android if you haven’t logged out of or deleted Kik recently. You need have the latest version of Kik with your Android.
l For recent chats that you have in the last 48 hours, you can get the last 600 messages.
l For older chats, you can view the last 200 messages.
The second method provided by the official is using “screenshots”. This can save some of your chats, but you can not really get them back to your Android and these screenshot pictures will take a lot of storage on your Android phone or tablet. If you lose these kind of photos, you will need a software to recover the Kik messages’ screenshot pictures.
Steps to Retrieving Old Messages’ Pictures on Android
1. Choose one trustful Android Data Recovery software like Yolisoft Android Data Recovery. Download and run this software on your computer.
2. Select file type “Gallery” which contains photos to continue. Only choose what you need can save a lot of scanning and recovery time.
3. Connect your Android to computer via USB cable and enable the USB debugging to identify your Android.
4. Start to scan after you Android is detected.
5. Preview the scanning result when the scanning process finishes and selectively recover the pictures what you need.
Some of Kik users also complain that their Kik chats or contacts might be deleted when they update this app. The official Kik team is also find a way out. You can log out of your Kik account to get Kik contacts back. But once you log out, the Kik messages history will be cleared, so you have to read any new messages first. Then when you log in again, you can still see the Kik chats and contacts you have in the conversation list before you logged out.